WORKOUT YOUR SLEEP!
Are you a night owl? A bit of an insomniac?
Rest and recovery is about a third of what makes you stronger, fitter, and happier. Without it, we are prone to weight gain, muscle loss, cravings and even knocks to our mental health and wellbeing.
You need 7-9 hours a night in order to recuperate from all that you do. So get more sleep each night by following these steps:
- Get a digital alarm (to replace your mobile alarm)
- Ban phones from your room
- Go to bed one hour before you need to be asleep
- Chose anew book that you enjoy and start reading
- Promise you will read for at least 5 to 10 minutes
- Allow yourself a chance to start enjoying it.
This is long enough to have your own positive experience with getting a good nights sleep, and once you have that...
Once you see how good you feel when you have a proper rest... you won't want to go back!
Try this for one week!